CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- This is an opportunity to make a huge difference in people’s lives within your community!
- This is a mission-centric organization where the staff, board, and volunteers are extremely dedicated, caring, and full of heart.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position that you are applying for as the subject line.
ABOUT FOOTHILLS CARING CORPS
Who We Are:
Foothills Caring Corps local nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting independence and enhancing the quality of life for Neighbors: older adults and persons with disabling conditions who reside throughout the Foothills community. We strive to improve Neighbors’ lives by addressing socialization, health, wellness, and mobility to promote physical, mental, and emotional health and wellbeing.
Team Size: 8-10 Full-Time Staff
Programs & Services: All Programs & Services are free of charge to Neighbors, except for Mobile Meals.
- Mobile Meals: Homebound Neighbors can enjoy delicious and nutritious pre-made meals delivered by a Foothills Caring Corps Volunteer right to their door.
- Medical Appointments: Volunteers drive Neighbors to medical appointments, accompany them inside, and return them safely home after the appointment.
- Van Program: Foothills Caring Corps has a fleet of nine vans, five of which are handicap accessible. Pre-scheduled social and recreational outings are planned for Neighbors each month. Volunteers pick up a group of Neighbors, drive them to the outing, and return them home after the outing.
- Grocery Shopping Assistance: Neighbors who need assistance with grocery shopping may be accompanied by a Volunteer while shopping or have a Volunteer shop on their behalf and deliver groceries to their home.
- Caregiver Relief: Volunteers spend quality time with Neighbors in their homes, allowing their primary caretaker time to run errands or to themselves.
- Minor Home Repairs: Volunteers assist Neighbors with changing light bulbs, smoke detector batteries, or other minor home projects.
- Mobility Loan Closet: Foothills Caring Corps accepts donations of home mobility equipment from the community to provide free of cost to Neighbors and community members in need. Our inventory includes canes, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, knee-scooters and other mobility-related equipment.